Friday, September 4, 2009

Sweet goodbye to culinary arts

I was bored and hungry at home, so decided to bake muffins that I previously wanted to bake but was lazy to do so. I got the measurements from the internet and they weren't exactly accurate (like 1 cup etc), and I ran out of paper cups, so I decided to bake it into a cake instead.

"Muffin-cake" and apple sauce

Presentation is essential


It ended up looking pretty good. Or so I thought... Then I cut it open.
1. "Okay, it kind of looks like bread".
2. Then "okay, maybe i should try it first".
3. Then, "hmm... it tastes quite ok *satisfied*".
4. After a few bites, "it tastes horrible."

The icing on top, I got quite a few bad comments from my mum.
1. From " okay, not bad".
2. To "why is the bottom so salty ya? What did you put? It tastes so funny. Like something is wrong."

So what went wrong?
1. Too salty.
2. Looks and tastes like bread.
3. It gives that weird and unpleasant taste to the tongue.

Now I know...
From what I found out from Eileen, I put too much baking soda. 1 teaspoon instead of 1 pinch. Aiya, the recipe says 1 teaspoon mah! I shall not be so technical and "blindly obedient" anymore.


So... MISSION FAILED. Mampus aku... Anyone care to be bandaraya?

No comments:

Post a Comment