Tuesday, July 7, 2009

College

Yesterday was first day of college and it started of with the briefing and all. I was pretty impressed with the amount who signed up for the July intake, which were about 150 students or so (if my eyesight did not fail me). Till they called us out to join our course coordinators for a more specific briefing on our courses.


Coordinator:" School of business"
Response: A whole bunch of people left.

Coordinator:" School of design"
Response: A bigger bunch of people left.

Coordinator: "The rest is A levels is it?"


10. The amount of students taking A levels, both science and arts, is 10. No kidding.


So today we've finally me up with our lectures, got our timetables and some idea of what we'll be studying for the next one and a half year. I was so happy to bid goodbye to all the add math and chem and burn the books, and now I'm opening the gates to doomsday again. The math lecturer gave us a few math questions. And i didn't know how to answer a single one. NOT EVEN A SINGLE ONE. Serious OMG. I'm so dead. Hold that thought. Did i mention July intake students are geniuses? They are mostly straight As' students, waiting for their JPA scholarship. Need to start studying way ahead. And math is supposedly like the add math we study in secondary school. And i can't even do add math. At least I'm only doing 3 subjects, physics, chemistry and math. So i still have breaks in between classes and can go home :) . It's times like these that i truly appreciate studying close to home. I passed by the art room yesterday and wished i were there instead. Will really need to learn to enjoy what I'm studying *knock all artsy thoughts from my head through my ear like what we see in cartoons*. Looking forward to physics class though. My physics lecturer looks like some shaolin soccer guy and reminds me of Philip Ong (the singaporean), in his "Back to school" outfit. Hee hee. Today he explained a whole physics theory using one word, e.g hot. Very analytical and precise. And he likes to say "uh huh" after every sentence :) . Really looking forward to learning more from him.

Classes start tomorrow. Hopefully it'll be a good one! :)

And i'm still coughing till i cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment